cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud configuration package version (NetBackup 8.0)

X2
   VIP   

I upgraded one of our backup domains to NetBackup 8.0 (from 7.7.3) and was checking if there are other things to update. Checking and updating Device Mapping files was a piece of cake as usual. However, I cannot find the version of the cloud configuration package which came with NetBackup 8.0 install. The support document indicates that version 2.3.1 is available. I would like to upgrade it to the latest version if it is not already.

Is there a command or file where I can find the information.

2 REPLIES 2

X2
   VIP   

Although I haven't been able to find how to look for the current version of the CloudProvider.xml file installed in NetBackup, I was able to go back through my changes and saw that in Feb, 2017 I installed version 2.1.5 and currently available file has version 2.3.1.

As NetBackup 8.0 came out in late 2016, I believe the Cloud file had a version older than 2.1.5 which came with the installation package. What supports this theory is the number of Cloud Providers were more in 2.1.5 than stock NetBackup 8.0 install and even more were added to 2.3.1.

PS: Why did the installer rewrite the CloudProvider.xml file that was newer (in NetBackup 7.7.3) install during the upgrade to NetBackup 8.0?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Probably best if you ask Veritas Support these questions....