Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustered 7.7.3 masterserver and SFHA 6.2.1

heinkel
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all

We have a question from the SFHA guy, how NetBackup could benefit from the diskcaching (or maybe not)? He is referring to config of SmartIO.

I would think the volumes should be set to NO Cache? I have little experience with this, and cannot find anything in admin guide for master in HA environments either.

It is a 2 node cluster, master only.

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Your NetBackup catalog (db and files) could potentially benefit from an increase in performance with SmartIO. The szie of the improvement would depend on the size your NetBackup installation. I don't think its worth if its not a very large environment.

heinkel
Level 3

Thanks.

This is a large environment, with lots of mediaservers and a imagedb of 1.8 TB. Approximately 16000 jobs pr day.

Would it be the EMM db or the image database or both, that would benefit? And in case, which type of cache?

heinkel
Level 3

I have discussed this issue with the SFHA guy, and we think we will enable read/write cache for NetBackup volume configured in SFHA.

This might, or might not increase performance, but it should be possible to review the cache hits.

What do you think?

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sounds great. If you get good information make a seperate blog post about it. We don't always get to "play" with something like this so nice to share experience with others.