cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining NetBackup_8.2_CLIENTS1.tar.gz and CLIENTS2.tar.gz

gaapeio
Level 4

What am I supposed to do with these files ?

NetBackup_8.2_CLIENTS1.tar.gz

NetBackup_8.2_CLIENTS2.tar.gz

I forgot the command.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is no separate software for Windows clients - it's the same software as for Windows servers. 

You may want to read up on 'vxupdate' utility (see the 8.2 Upgrade Guide for details). 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Those files are for Linux and Unix - and you would use "gunzip" to unpack them - i.e. you would not combine them  - e.g. CLIENTS1 and CLIENTS2 each contain installers for different OS flavours/families - e.g. RedHat and relatives are in one of them, and Solaris is in one of them.

Anyway...

You flagged Windows - so you need the Windows installer - and I believe that the client and server kits are now contained within the same installer (setup.exe / MSI) and so you now choose which you want to install at execution time.

Marianne

@gaapeio as per the Installation Guide

■ Download the CLIENTS1 package for UNIX clients to a system with sufficient space.
■ Download the CLIENTS2 package for Linux clients to a system with sufficient space.

Which files do I need to download for the Windows clients ?

Which files do I need to download for the Windows clients ?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

What can you see?

Marianne

There is no separate software for Windows clients - it's the same software as for Windows servers. 

You may want to read up on 'vxupdate' utility (see the 8.2 Upgrade Guide for details).