cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line option for "Detailed Status" tab?

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a command line option for reporting *everything* you see in a job's Detailed Status tab?  The bperror option (bperror -U -jobid job_id) sadly only gives very brief, unhelpful synopsis...

Thanks!
RC
12 REPLIES 12

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
Try files in this directory

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs/trylogs

Abe

quebek
   VIP    Certified
play with bpdbjobs command with those two switches:
-jobid NUMBER_OF_JOB_YOU_WOULD_LIKE_TO_SEE_IN_DETAILS
-all_columns

Here is a command guide - select your OS of NBU server - to see the whole bpdbjobs functions:
- Commands for UNIX and Linux (  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290234.htm )

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
Thanks - both are good options, but bpdbjobs gives *way too much* (even with most_columns used) and the trylogs files don't have entry timestamps.  Anyone else?

rjrumfelt
Level 6
If you are using the java GUI, you could try executing this command:

/usr/openv/java/jnbSA -lc

This command writes to a log file every command that the GUI uses to operate.  Not every single command is logged, but it might be worth checking the log file when you click on "Detailed Status" to see what the GUI uses to retrieve that information.  I've not tried this to grab that particular command, but it has worked in the past in order for me to recreate some pretty complicated commands.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
You can also check the logs lcoated in

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpjava-usvc
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpjava-susvc

I can not remember which one, but one of those directories logs the commands that are executed by the java GUI.

Of course you may need to create these directories if they do not already exist.

Deeps
Level 6
Try this TN

How to customize the output of the bpdbjobs -report command with a Windows Master Server.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/281831

Let me kow if this does not help of if you need a very specific output.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Right - when those logs get cleaned is up to your configuration.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Just checked this directory for some info, and it appears that these logs are kept as far back as the activity monitor keeps its jobs.  This makes sense, but I was wondering if someone could confirm this.

Brutaniac
Level 3
Hey,
  I need the same - I need the information of the "Detailed Status" tab of Activity Monitor. How can I fetch it from another computer using the executables? bpdbjobs doesn't provide such information even with -all_columns option. I can't TS to this computer to see the /jobs/trylogs either.

TIA.

Brutaniac
Level 3

Brutaniac
Level 3
Ok, -all_columns works. The information though is in slightly different format.

Ancient thread, but first google result so hopefully this summary will help someone.  This will format the bpdbjobs output for you.  I've broken it up into multiple lines for formatting here, but it's really all on one line.    The _COMMA_ bit preserves the escaped commas in the output.  The last line looks for dates that aren't preceded by a newline, and fixes it up by adding the newline.  Often the newline gets lost somewhere along the line.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -jobid $jobid -all_columns  |
perl -pe '
s{\\,}{_COMMA_}g;
s{,}{\n}g; s{_COMMA_}{,}g;
s{([^\n])(\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4})}{$1\n$2}g;
'
| perl -ne 'print if  m{^\d{2}/\d{2}/\d{4}}'

(substitute your jobid).