Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern on Lotus notes restore

abhinav_trivedi
Level 4
Certified

Hi All,

I have started to work on Lotus notes restore but now I am confused with below things:

1. Time towait for database to go offline (seconds).

I want to restore database on different path to test restoration process. I do not want to down the database. Please confirm the use of this option.

Also let me know how can I perform the restore.

2. Recovery option

I will ask this with Lotus notes team which option needs to select.

3. Database destination

I am confused in it. Which one I need to select between "Assign new database instance id" or "Assign new database instance ID and replica ID".

Also let me know the use of "Retain original IDs" Is it just to restore everything on same location?

4. What is the use of "Specify the notes.ini and install path for the Domino server." and "Specify the directory where Lotus is installed"?

5. Also to restore the database on alternate location we just need to change the location in general tab or do we need to do something else?

I am not able to understand anything with the help of admin guide. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Please let us know what version of NetBackup you have and the OS, when posting.  I will assume your on 7.5. 

I am refering to the Admin guide as well: DOC5168

1. The Guide states on PG 57, that when a database is to be restored, it needs to be taken offline. If the database cannot be taken offline after the specified wait time, the restore of that database fails. There is no way around that. You might want a test Env to play with.

2. Pages 55 and 56 will help your team with picking the best option for your Env.

3. page 71 talks about this as an example with a clustered Env. I would talk with your team to see if you want to disable replication on restore 

4. From Page 60: 

To restore from a server partition, provide the absolute path for the notes.ini. This file is one associated with the particular server partition that you want to perform the restore. (UNIX or Linux) To restore one of multiple installations of Domino server, provide the absolute path for the notes.ini file. This file should be associated with the server installation. Also provide the directory of the Domino server installation.

5. HOWTO47914 talks about this. It looks that a different client needs to be selected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Please let us know what version of NetBackup you have and the OS, when posting.  I will assume your on 7.5. 

I am refering to the Admin guide as well: DOC5168

1. The Guide states on PG 57, that when a database is to be restored, it needs to be taken offline. If the database cannot be taken offline after the specified wait time, the restore of that database fails. There is no way around that. You might want a test Env to play with.

2. Pages 55 and 56 will help your team with picking the best option for your Env.

3. page 71 talks about this as an example with a clustered Env. I would talk with your team to see if you want to disable replication on restore 

4. From Page 60: 

To restore from a server partition, provide the absolute path for the notes.ini. This file is one associated with the particular server partition that you want to perform the restore. (UNIX or Linux) To restore one of multiple installations of Domino server, provide the absolute path for the notes.ini file. This file should be associated with the server installation. Also provide the directory of the Domino server installation.

5. HOWTO47914 talks about this. It looks that a different client needs to be selected.