cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Error Handlers after Abnormal Termination

S_Glazebrook
Level 2
Can NetBackup be configured with error handlers to deallocate resources within an abnormal termination routine before the process finally terminates?
1 REPLY 1

Stumpr2
Level 6
I'm not quite sure what the question is but,
NetBackup does cleanup after itself on failed backups.

There are differring scenarios and that is where it gets confusing.

Normal backup image fails
NetBackup expires the image and frees up the tape for reuse and restarts the backup job from the beginning

Multistream backup image fails
Only that stream image is expired and restarted at its beginning while the rest of the streams remain as is.

Checkpoint backup part fails
The image after the last checkpoint is expired and the backup restarts at the last checkpoint.

Multiplexed backup image fails
I dunno, I don't use multiplexing.

Archive bits
They get reset to put the OS back to its original condition. The Wait Time Before Clearing Archive Bit property specifies the number of seconds the client will wait before clearing the archive bits for a differential incremental backup. The minimum allowable value is 300 (default). The client waits this long for acknowledgment from the server that the backup was successful. If the server does not reply within this time period, the archive bits are not cleared. This option applies only to differential-incremental backups. Cumulative-incremental backups do not clear the archive bit.

If I'm way off from where your question was intended then please repost the question with more detail.Message was edited by:
Bob Stump