cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring MSDP system call failed (11)

kiyan
Level 4

Hi, 

I have created a standalone Netbackup on a CENTOS computer.
I tried to create a MSDP storage and it did not workout, I believe the password was the issue, so I tried to do it again and I received the below error:

"Configuring media server deduplication pool nb2.teclab.eu system call failed(11) Reconfiguration failed for storage server PureDisk:nb2.teclab.eu. system call failed"

I have gone through all available documents but still not able to sort out the issue.
MSDP not created any files in the defined location.
I tried to create an advanced disk and basic disk, both are working fine.
is there a way to find out more about this error, possibly a log folder which I need to log in to find out more about the issue.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @kiyan 

There are a couple of places you may find logs (or places to setup debug logging). 

/<path to msdp location>/logs  (in particular the pdde-config,log)
/usr/openv/volmgr/debug/tpcommand - log file. 

If you have tried and failed to create a disk pool, you may need to do some tidy up before attempting to try again. Remove allo the contents under the defined path to the msdp storage, and also the file <storage_server>.cfg from /usr/openv/lib/ost-plugins. 

As for the password  - it only relates to the storage server and is not checked against anything other than they match. 

Cheers
David

kiyan
Level 4

@quebek , Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry for providing wrong information in the first post, It is actually a REDHAT ENT 9.1, and NBU is 10.0.0.1
I have gone through the provided links, and it is showing that REDHAT 9.0 is supported minimum with  NBU10.1.1
is this means, I need to change my setup?

@davidmoline Thank you for your reply.
the first log is not available as MSDP is not being created.
"/usr/openv/volmgr/debug/tpcommand - log file"   I was not able to find it, can you elaborate a bit more about this command.
"file <storage_server>.cfg from /usr/openv/lib/ost-plugins." no file been created  with <storage_server>  in this location.

Thank you

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Well imho - yes you need to change your setup and go with RH 8 and NBU 10.0.0.1 or 10.1.1 as I just cant see in OS and dedup SCL any RH 9.

this is what is SCL stating - I am never arguing with the SCL :)

yet another good source is this: https://sort.veritas.com/checklist/install

btw from above I just learnt there is NBU 10.2 ;)

Get ready for a newer version of NetBackup (10.2)

Hi @kiyan 

Firstly, as @quebek indicated you are running an unsupported configuration - the reason it is failing may well be the RHEL version you are using - RHEL 9.x is only supported from NBU 10.2 whenever that comes out.

As for the tpcommnd log files. You may need to create the debug and tpcommand directories first, and also add the keywork VERBOSE into the file /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf (refer to the documentation heree https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/86063237-155574161-0/v28993834-155574161#v29519006). But basically, create the directories, add the VERBOSE to vm.conf and then restart ltid. 

I'd suggest rebuilding the server using a supported RHEL version (8.x).

Cheers
David