cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring external CA for the WebUI

Sadfad
Level 3

Hello,

we have netbackup 8.2 on solaris SPARC. We want to configure a certificate from our own CA for the WebUI.
But I really don't know how. I found the following technote: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100044723

So as we have nbu 8.2 we have to use the following command:
usr/openv/wmc/bin/install/configureWebServerCerts  -addExternalCert -webUI -certPath /Certs/master.pem -privateKeyPath /Certs/master_privatekey.pem -trustStorePath /Certs/CACert.pem

I created a certificate request file on the master server with openssl. With that I got a certificate back from our own CA which is called "certificate.cer". I also have created the private key during the creation of the certificate request file.
But what is the "TrustStorePath"?

I always get the following error after running the command:

/usr/openv/wmc/bin/install/configureWebServerCerts -addExternalCert -webUI -certPath certificate.cer -privateKeyPath certificate.key -trustStorePath XY

One or more command-line parameters are invalid or missing.

Has anyone of you done this already?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Krutons
   VIP   

Don't you need to include the actual path to the certificates and not just list the file name?

Also, from my understanding, you still need to create the keystore by importing the third-party certificate and the private key. Have you looked at 'keytool'?

Hi,

I was staying in the path where the certificates were. But I also tried it with the full path but no change.

If I go to the technote I just have to do this part as we have NetBackup 8.2:

Solution for 8.1.2.1 and later:

The 8.1.2.1 version of NetBackup introduces the configureWebServerCerts script which will replace the steps listed for the 8.1.2 version.

To configure the 3rd party certificate in 8.1.2.1, complete the following:

1.  Run configureWebServerCerts with the location of the CA certificate, local/LEAF certificate and key file:

Linux/Unix:   /usr/openv/wmc/bin/install/configureWebServerCerts  -addExternalCert -webUI -certPath /Certs/master.pem -privateKeyPath /Certs/master_privatekey.pem -trustStorePath /Certs/CACert.pem
Windows:  
"C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\wmc\bin\install\configureWebServerCerts -addExternalCert -webUI -certPath C:\Certs\nbmaster1.pem  -privateKeyPath C:\Certs\nbmaster1_privatekey.pem -trustStorePath C:\Certs\CACert.pem

2.  Stop and restart nbwmc

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi @Sadfad ,

were you able to solve this? what was the cert's , privateKey's & truestore's paths?

Thanks,