cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contents of the Dedupe Pool

yobole
Level 6

My Netbackup Dedupe pool is running at 90% capacity .. I need to produce a report for my IT manager on whats in there or taking up the space before we add more storage 

Can anyone assit ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

crcontrol --dsstat will show you the actual used space of the de-dupes internals

After that an images on media report against your disk pool will tell you everything that is on the de-dupe storage

If you have OpsCenter the reports there will also give you a good idea of what is going on along with de-dupe rates.

Do bear in mind that a 90% used de-dupe pool may just need properly processing to trim it down - i have seen many sites where they are almost out of disk space but it just needs the queue processing many time to get the internal cleanup operations to run through and make more available space - and we are talking in terms of TB's of space that can be freed up.

Lets see your dsstat out put and also crcontrol --queueinfo to get a better idea of where you currently stand

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

This tech note say 7.0.1 but is valid for 7.x as well

Methods to determine how much space backups are taking on a deduplication storage unit MSDP or PDDO using NetBackup 7.01

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147351

Monitoring the MSDP deduplication rate

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO89020

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

crcontrol --dsstat will show you the actual used space of the de-dupes internals

After that an images on media report against your disk pool will tell you everything that is on the de-dupe storage

If you have OpsCenter the reports there will also give you a good idea of what is going on along with de-dupe rates.

Do bear in mind that a 90% used de-dupe pool may just need properly processing to trim it down - i have seen many sites where they are almost out of disk space but it just needs the queue processing many time to get the internal cleanup operations to run through and make more available space - and we are talking in terms of TB's of space that can be freed up.

Lets see your dsstat out put and also crcontrol --queueinfo to get a better idea of where you currently stand

Hope this helps