Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control column in Device Monitor

chrisbethel
Level 3

Netbackup 7.0.1

Windows Server 2008 R2

Within the Device Monitor is a column called Control and within that column I have 2 types of statuses, 1) RESTART 2) TLD. and when I click on the TLD I get a list of drives/tapes(?) that say the same thing. What do I need to do to get these drives ACTIVE so I can utilize all my tape drives.

Tell me what additional information you  require to assist you with my issues.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chrisbethel
Level 3

I restarted the NBU services, particularly, Device Manager Service, and that did it. thanks! Do I need to do this every time my storage unit gets rebooted?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

status will change to ACTIVE when it is assigned to any job.. when its not having any active job the status would be TLD only.

and RESTART status is not good..

try to restart the Media server services to resovle the RESTART status..  if it not remove that you may need to power cycle the Tape DRive.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

RESTART means you have to restart ltid on the media sever(s)

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/stopltid

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid -v

M

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Do I need to do this every time my storage unit gets rebooted?

Do you mean the tape library was rebooted?

If so, you will understand that the OS lost connectivity at this time and NBU as well.

The answer is therefore Yes, restart NBU when devices are rebooted.

chrisbethel
Level 3

yes, my tape library was shutdown due to expected hurricane. Ok, I will restart NBU and services next time this occurs.

chrisbethel
Level 3

I restarted the NBU services, particularly, Device Manager Service, and that did it. thanks! Do I need to do this every time my storage unit gets rebooted?