Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Netbackup script to Avamar

Anth105
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

I have upgraded from Symantec Netbackup 7.6 to Avamar 7.1 Grid without any major problems. However I have some difficulties to parse the pre and post Netbakup scripts for  Avamar.

I need to work out how to convert those NBU scripts for AVM.   In fact, I look for a solution that allow AVAMAR to behave similar to the Netbackup pe/post processing scripts ..

Although I understand EMC forum is the best place to search for this kind of solutionn, I will appreciate if someone  can help me to get around how to pass parameters /variable into the avamar command line or configuration file.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

What does the Avamar manual says about pre/post scripts ? For me that would the place to start.

It probably will tell you if pre/post is supported and what parameters are passed to/from the software

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Can't help. Not familiar with Avamar as its not a Symantec product.

DG-2005
Level 5

not sure that granularity exists within avamar. would have to take a look at the node and see if you can control it from there. 

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You are right - you need to ask on EMC forum. Or look in Avamar documentation. There is no such thing as 'upgrade ' from NBU to Avamar. It is a complete replacement of backup software.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

What does the Avamar manual says about pre/post scripts ? For me that would the place to start.

It probably will tell you if pre/post is supported and what parameters are passed to/from the software

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

sullivad
Level 2

PLEASE upload your NetBackup pre/post backup scripts!   We are doing the opposite -- going from Avamar to NetBackup to backup our Epic production databases.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Anth105 has not posted anything here in more than 2 years as he is no longer using NerBackup.

Best to ask for assistance in a new discussion where you share details of your requirements.