cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy policies from windows master to AIX master - both are 8.0

sclind
   VIP   

I have read all the posts on this subject and i think things have changed in the newer versions of NB.  

I need to copy a few dozen policies from a windows backup master to an AIX backup master.  The old technique of copying the class subdircectory wont work since the OS'es are different. And the technique of 'right click, copy' a policy, change server, then paste the policy doesnt seem  to work  ('copy' never appears as an option).  Perhaps that was the old java console?

Anyways - any thoughts on how to copy some polcies from  a windows master to an AIX master?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Copy the class folder from win to aix using winscp or similar tool. That will circumvent the difference in file system

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Copy the class folder from win to aix using winscp or similar tool. That will circumvent the difference in file system

sclind
   VIP   

Let me try that.  I guess I assumed incorreectly that the OS diffenence would not allow that.

Marianne

@sclind

Are you aware of the fact that Veritas has dropped support for AIX master and media servers as from 8.1.2? 
NBU 8.x OS SCL: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000115691

Maybe better to stay on your Windows master, or else migrate to Linux master. 

Veritas developed the NbServerMigrator tool to help you migrate your NetBackup master server. NbServerMigrator migrates your source master server to a target master server running on the same NetBackup version. More information about the NetBackup Master Server Migration Guide 1.0 is available.https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/MasterServerMigration

sclind
   VIP   

Yes - our two AIX master servers that will have to get to 8.1.1 and then stay there.  (not good for us).

sclind
   VIP   

Riann - that worked.  Thank you!

RiaanBadenhorst

You're welcome!