cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Oracle Policy Using Script

technimdaxviii
Level 5

Hi,

I'm done creating RMAN scripts for L0 and L1 backups. When I'm creating a new policy, there was an option to select backup type:

1. Full Backup
  2. Differential Incremental Backup
  3. Cumulative Incremental Backup

What backup type should I select? Considering my scripts L0 and L1 will take Differential Incremental Backup. 

Note: I can't select "Differential Incremental Backup", I need to tick first "Full Backup" in order to make it available.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you used the provided rman backup template scripts that ship with the product you'll notice there is a section that tell the the script what type of backup to do based on the type of schedule e.g. FULL, CINC, INCR. 

So what you select would depend on what backup you would do. A Full is a given as you can't have the rest without it.

View solution in original post

Krutons
   VIP   

Are you using the template scripts that were provided or did you write your own to explicitly run L0 and L1 backups? If so, you will need to add full backups to that script.

If you are using the template scripts then yes, you would select FULL and Diff Inc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you used the provided rman backup template scripts that ship with the product you'll notice there is a section that tell the the script what type of backup to do based on the type of schedule e.g. FULL, CINC, INCR. 

So what you select would depend on what backup you would do. A Full is a given as you can't have the rest without it.

Hi RiaanBadenhorst,

Ah I see. Does it mean, if I want to take L0 and L1, I need to tick Full Backup andDifferential Incremental Backup. Am I correct?

Regards,

Krutons
   VIP   

Are you using the template scripts that were provided or did you write your own to explicitly run L0 and L1 backups? If so, you will need to add full backups to that script.

If you are using the template scripts then yes, you would select FULL and Diff Inc.

My plan is to use my own script (L0 and L1), but upon reviewing the template, it will do the same thing. So better to maintain one script.  

Thank you for the confirmation :)