cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Same schedule in multiple policies

puneet102
Level 4
I have 50 NetBackup Backup policies and want to create monthly backup schedule in each policy. Can I create same schedule in multiple policies at a time? Please suggest.

Thanks
Puneet Dixit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Genericus
   VIP   

I do not think you can do what you describe, at this time. There are ways you can work around it.

It IS possible to select a schedule in a policy, and right click and choose COPY, then go to another policy and select PASTE.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - PLAN !

You do not want to end up with the daily and monthly schedule running at the same time!

all my oracle rman policies have the same schedule name Parent.Job and Child.Job

Most of my OS backups have daily, weekly, monthly schedules - I copy them all the time.

You have to go back and edit the schedules in the destination policy - if you change the date when the monthly schedule runs.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

in Admin Console, go to Policies\Summary of All Policies. In Schedules, you can select prepared "template" schedule in a certain policy and copy it to another policy.

In 8.1.2, you can create Protection Plans via WEB UI. These entities have the similar attributes like Policy Schedules, and are more independent - they can be associated with many different clients. However today they are supported for VMware clients only.

regards

Michal

fazhar
Level 3

it may sound  tricky but it will do the job for you

1) got to the /netbackup/db/class/schedule/

2) Copy the "monthly" directory and paste it at the same path for other policies

3) run nbpemreq -rereadconfig

Genericus
   VIP   

Duplicate post, for some reason I got an error when I posted, but it actually DID post...

Genericus
   VIP   

I do not think you can do what you describe, at this time. There are ways you can work around it.

It IS possible to select a schedule in a policy, and right click and choose COPY, then go to another policy and select PASTE.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - PLAN !

You do not want to end up with the daily and monthly schedule running at the same time!

all my oracle rman policies have the same schedule name Parent.Job and Child.Job

Most of my OS backups have daily, weekly, monthly schedules - I copy them all the time.

You have to go back and edit the schedules in the destination policy - if you change the date when the monthly schedule runs.

Thanks All for your answer. I got your point Genericus, I think I can do by creating an script. can you help me with the list of commands or single command which can help me to create an schedule in a policy.

Thanks
Puneet Dixit