cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create backup to 3 week and tuesday

Ramamola
Level 4

I have a stupid question but no find the solution...

I need create one schedule and make the backup always on Tuesdays and every three weeks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I need create one schedule and make the backup always on Tuesdays

and every three weeks.

Am I missing something here? Why not frequency based?

Backup window open during Tuesday, frequency set to 3 weeks ....

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Create a Policy with a schedule type of "Calendar". Then from the Calendar Schedule tab under the "Edit Calendar schedule by" box choose "Recurring Days of the Month" that will allow you to specify dates like that.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

It can be done - Use calender based scheduling.

See the Netbackup 7.5 administrator guide volume 1 - Page 617 "Calendar Schedule tab".

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5159

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I need create one schedule and make the backup always on Tuesdays

and every three weeks.

Am I missing something here? Why not frequency based?

Backup window open during Tuesday, frequency set to 3 weeks ....

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Actually after rereading the origional post I guess I was confused. I thought you needed the Thrid Tuesday of every month. If the requirement is just every three weeks Andy is right. A frequency of 3 weeks and correct window times would be the way to go. Sorry about the confusion.

SRP
Level 4

Further to Andy's suggestion, I have always set the frequency to 20 days rather than 3 weeks... this simply allows the backup to always run on the day, even if the backup should overrun.

Sean

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

yes

A good lesson for *ANY* frequency based schedule.

It is way *too* easy to set a frequency of 1 week / 7 days for a schedule that needs to run every Monday, say, when 6 days (or less) would ensure "the backup to always run on the day".

SRP
Level 4

You certainly learn the lesson after a short time when your backups are running "every other 3 weeks"!!!

Ramamola
Level 4

My confusion comes in the frecuency, thought it was the number of backups that makes over a week, 3 per week, not every 3 weeks.

Thanks to all