cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create(or move to) tape backup from existing disk backup

faulty
Level 3

Hi,

We're using NetBackup 7.1 Enterprise and would like to move existing disk based backup to tapes on an ad-hoc basis. We saw a similar question here https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/disk-and-tape-copies-netbackup-7 , but not sure how to go about actually doing it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

... move existing disk based backup to tapes on an ad-hoc basis.

If you're looking at doing this only on an ad-hoc basis, then maybe the simplest solution would be to duplicate the images to tape via the Catalog section in the GUI. Simply put you search for the images, right-click & duplicate.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

... move existing disk based backup to tapes on an ad-hoc basis.

If you're looking at doing this only on an ad-hoc basis, then maybe the simplest solution would be to duplicate the images to tape via the Catalog section in the GUI. Simply put you search for the images, right-click & duplicate.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you need to duplicate backups on ad-hoc basis, it will be easiest to do it manually.
The methods used in the post that you have found can be used to automate duplications.
All of these methods are described in NBU Admin Guide I and in the Vault Admin Guide (links to all manuals in ' Handy Links' in my signature).

Easiest way will probably be the GUI. Use Catalog section of the GUI to identify images and select destination storage unit and retention level. Details in NBU Admin Guide I under this topic:
Duplicating backup images

The other way is from cmd using bpduplicate.
Command usage and examples in NBU Commands Reference Guide

faulty
Level 3

Thanks guys