cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new SLP

adilz123
Level 2

Hello

I am a little new to the backup environment. I would like to know if some one give me command for creating a new SLP

i know it is nbstl SLPNAME -add ...................

But then i am lost. i know how to create it using GUI. But for some reason my Storage units do not load in my master.

All policies and SLP's load but Storage units and storage unit groups do not load.

I guess now i have two questions. Any help will be appreciated.

Best

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

nbstl options are described in NBU Commands manual: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3684

In all honesty - I would much rather spend time and energy to get the GUI fixed!

adilz123
Level 2

Do you know of any possible reason why the storage units wouldnt show up in the admin console ?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't, but with enough info, we can search this site and Symantec Technotes for similar issues and possible fixes.

Which NBU version and patch level?
Which GUI - Java or Windows Admin Console?
If Java - running jnbSA with DISPLAY variable on the master or Windows Java Console on a desktop?

Are you only having a problem with Storage units in the SLP window, or also in Storage -> Storage Units?

watsons
Level 6

If you do "bpstulist -L" in command line, does it show anything?

If so, this will be a GUI issue - find out whether it's due to the remote GUI or it's not even working from actual master server admin console.