cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new storage server with a media server shows the master instead

nivw_infinidat
Level 3

I am creating a new storage server and want to use not the master, but the media server:

My master is testnb2, and my media server is testnb1.

I am issuing these commands on the master testnb2:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server dde1Testnb1StSrv_172.20.1.1 -stype INFINIDAT -st 9 -media_server testnb1.infinidat.com

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -add -storage_server dde1Testnb1StSrv_172.20.44.199 -stype INFINIDAT -sts_user_id user -password **** on host: testnb2.infinidat.com

This ends well:

Storage server dde1Testnb1StSrv_172.20.44.199 has been successfully created

I then open the GUI on the master and see the storage server is there . I right click the storage server and choose change and get a window with media servers and the master testnb2 is choosen, not the media server I asked for testnb1.

why is the media server not choosen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
The tpconfig command to add credentials must be executed on the media and not the master server..

As you are running it on the master the credentials get added only for the master server

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
The tpconfig command to add credentials must be executed on the media and not the master server..

As you are running it on the master the credentials get added only for the master server

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

If you want to configure the storage server on the media server then delete the currently configured storage server.

Login on media server and run the same command to configure the storage server.

Additional Info:

If you want to configure the other media servers to access the same storage server for load balancing then you have to run the same command on each media servers.

Regards,