cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple disk pools of same type on a single storage server

DPO
Level 6

Is it possible to create multiple diskpools on a single storage servers ? My requirement is , I have a single Puredisk server and I want to create 2 diskpools of PureDisk type...meaning want to split my space into two diskpools and want to configure them as 2 seapaate puredisk pools.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

OK - so do you mean that you want multiple de-dupe pools on your 5220 or do you mean you have a puredisk server somewhere else that you want your 5220 to use as well as its own de-dupe pool

If you just have the 5220 then the de-dupe on there is MSDP and you can only have one pool on it - it is not possible to have 2 MSDP pools on a single server

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

With MSDP you can only have one MDSP disk pool

If you have a "PureDisk" server out there that you are linking to then if that only has one disk pool on it then you can only have one disk pool on the storage server - you cannot link to the same pool twice.

If you have more than one PureDisk server out there then a single Storage Server could link to all of them to have several PureDisk disk pools available to one storage server

Hope this helps

#edit#

I also meant to add that if you are using PureDisk that you should bear in mind that it is an end of life product and you may want to look at swapping over to MSDP anyway

DPO
Level 6

Ours in netbackup 5220 appliance. Can you tell me how can I create mutiple Puredisk pools in it ?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - so do you mean that you want multiple de-dupe pools on your 5220 or do you mean you have a puredisk server somewhere else that you want your 5220 to use as well as its own de-dupe pool

If you just have the 5220 then the de-dupe on there is MSDP and you can only have one pool on it - it is not possible to have 2 MSDP pools on a single server

Hope this helps