cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical polices backup jobs status with create a file accordingly status immediatly

Desh
Level 3

Hi All

Critical polices backup jobs status with create a file accordingly status immediatly.

We have Linux media server ( 7.1.0.4 ). In that multiple backup policies configured normal file system backups.

I would like to create the file after few policies backup jobs completes.

Ex:

When backup TEST_POLICY_BKP completes, if successful, TEST_POLICY_BKP.end.0 will be created, otherwise TEST_POLICY_BKP..end.1 will be created.

Can you please suggest and provide example scripts on this.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Apologies, but I am battling to understand what you are trying to do. Have you looked at bpend_notify script that can be created on the relevant client(s)?

Desh
Level 3

Hi Marianne

Thanks for the response.  

We have few critical policies configure on Linux Media server ( client and Media server ). We need those critical policies ( not required all polcies in the client ) backup status daily.

And also once backup succesful need to create a touch file. that file name should be related policy (Test_Policy) with 0 ( I mean naming conversion of file Test_Policy_0 ) Incase it's failed Test_Policy_1

0 = successful

1 = failed

Expecting on this notify script's will help us. Can you please suggest and provide solution. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please read up in NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume II about NetBackup 'notify' scripts.