cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Mount Point

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We are taking flat file backup for solaris 11 clients with one policy that is not cross mount enabled.

inside home directory every time a user gets created netbackup assuming it a new mount point and skipping it and in restoration we could see home

directory is empty

We have to take complete backup of /export/home but problem is we have already a polclicy and we dont want to create new policy for this and dont want to enable cross mount point in the existing policy.

Pls let us now how to proceed on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I was the one who said to specify /export/home/* See https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/solaris-11-clients-backup-policies-skipping-users-home-directory-under-exporthome

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

what is the current policy backup selection?

can you show the output of below commands

df -k /export/home

df -k <user home directory>

/usr/oepnv/netbackup/binbpmount

H_Sharma
Level 6

We dont have access to the clients its a standard policy for solaris.

and some CIDs are inside /export/home thats keep creating whenever any user is created and netbackup is skipping it.

Somebody told if we select /export/home/* in the backup selection it would take all the directories regardless the mount point? 

RamNagalla

it is very rare case that each home directory is cretaed in seperate mount point...

you did not told me about the backup selection in policy?

also run this command from master server and let me know the output

bpcoverage -c <clientname>

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hi,

Backup selection is ...

/
/var
/export
/export/home/admin

RamNagalla

1) you dont have /export/home in backup selection.. you just have specific /export/home/admin, so it does not take all Directiries inside the /export/home.

2) /export is also in backup selection, if /export/home is different file sytems it does not take contenct of /export/home other than /export/home/admin since it is in backup selection

so you need to check if  /export/home/ is seperate FS or not, if yes, you need to give /export/home/ in backup selection.

in your case it looks it is a seperate FS, so give /export/home/ in backup selection of policy and try backup.

and  why you are always giving half information.. you need to provide as much as information you can to get the approiate Solution. at least what you are asked for..

where is the output of bpcoverage command..?

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello RamNagalla,

the output of bpcoverage command is not availble right now. So i am really sorry.

I pasted wrong bckup selection actually below is the correct one.

/
/var
/export/home
/export/home/admin

So you mean to say if we correct the /export/home to /export/home/ it would take all the mount points inside home direcory regardless cross mount point is not seleted in policy or not?

RamNagalla

No, when backup selection is /export/home or /export/home/ it will only take the content inside that specific file system, it will not take all mount points unless you selcect the option cross monut points..

so you need to make sure , all the directeries inside the /export/home are belongs to same FS or different FS, you they are same FS they should backup.

if they are different FS, then you need to select the option cross mount point or add each and every directory into the policy backup selection.

If you are cleare about it close the Discusssion.. if you still have a question... only reply when you have the outputs of the above commands that i asked.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I was the one who said to specify /export/home/* See https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/solaris-11-clients-backup-policies-skipping-users-home-directory-under-exporthome