cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 Archive Log Backup

Venkatesh_m
Level 2

I need a doucmentation on configuring DB2 Archive log backup with Userexit methord. I am not able to choose between Arcfunc COPY and SAVE. If I use copy methord will it delete the log in active log location after moving it to archive path mentioned in the db2.conf file. How would archive log be archived (backed up and deleted). Documention regarding this step is litlle unclear.If there any previously implemented best practises, please share it with me.

Thanks

Venkatesh

2 REPLIES 2

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
With ARCFUNC SAVE and VENDOR method, NetBackup backs up archive log directly - do not copy archive logs to anywhere. archive logs backed up will be directly retrieved from NetBackup when ROLLFORWARD occurs. On the other hand, with ARCFUNC COPY method, you need to manage archive logs copied into ARCDIR. I have no experience with ARCFUNC COPY, so I can only guess, user exit program initiate user archive backup of RETDIR after copying archive logs into ARCDIR. By NetBackup for DB2 Administrator'sGuide, user exit method remains for backward compatibility. Why don't you consider VENDOR method?

Venkatesh_m
Level 2

In vendor methord DB2 archive logs continiously. I am looking for methords by which archive logs can be schduled. Can you please share their experience on how it was done.

Thanks

Venkatesh