cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 NETBACKUP - \db2_backup_cacrcbd_online.cmd"> failed with status: 1

miralamadam
Level 2

i am getting folowing error message. I have compared the with sample db2 backup scripts on windows.  Any help will be highly appreciated.

Attached dbw netbackup script.

15-Apr-2019 10:41:21 AM - Info nbjm (pid=125209) starting backup job (jobid=20998642) for client cacvigdcdbrdb03.mgmt.cihs.gov.on.ca, policy db2_cacvigdcdbrdb03_cacrcbd, schedule daily_full15-Apr-2019 10:42:43 AM - Info bphdb (pid=6948) Backup started15-Apr-2019 10:42:44 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=65800) from client cacvigdcdbrdb03.mgmt.cihs.gov.on.ca: ERR - Script <"C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\DbExt\DB2\db2_backup_cacrcbd_online.cmd"> failed with status: <1>15-Apr-2019 10:42:44 AM - Error bpbrm (pid=65800) from client cacvigdcdbrdb03.mgmt.cihs.gov.on.ca: ERR - bphdb exit status = 6: the backup failed to back up the requested files15-Apr-2019 10:42:44 AM - Info bphdb (pid=6948) done. status: 6: the backup failed to back up the requested filesUser backup failed  (6)

4 REPLIES 4

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @miralamadam ,

Hi,

Please tell us more about your environment...just job details is not enought...

this is a generic error and there are many techs available to this problem ( DB2 + Netbackup status 6)..

Is this a new backup or this job already was working before?

Take a look in /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bphdb/

Thiago

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@miralamadam 

Have you tried to work with the DB2 dba to troubleshoot on the db2 client?

Have you tried to run the script directly on the client to check output?

The 1st problem that I see are the spaces in the variables. You can how it should be done in the examples, e.g.:
Example: @set db2_nblib=C:\progra~1\veritas\netbackup\bin\nbdb2.dll
So, C:\Program Files\.... will only read up to the space after Program.

When you run the script from cmd, you should be able to see what is returned be the 'echo' statements:
echo db2_nblib = %db2_nblib%

Please be sure to create debug logs as per this section of NBU for DB2 manual:
Enabling the debug logs manually (Windows)

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The builder has left and we are trying to fix the issue. I have updated the script and still we are unable to run the backup. I am not sure whether builder has installed the veritas software on client machine properly or not.

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I honestly cannot see how you can do this without assistance from a db2 dba.

If you go through the NBU for DB2 Admin Guide, you will see that the db2.conf file needs to be customized and that the log archiving method needs to be specified within DB2. (See chapter 1). You need to know and understand where and how this done before you start with configuration of policy and script.

The NBU agent for DB2 is installed along with the NBU Client software, but the db2uext2.exe file needs to be copied to DB2 location (chapter 2).

Configuration details in Chapter 3 - read the entire chapter and double-check everything pertaining to DB2 on Windows. 

Be sure to read the Troubleshooting chapter and ensure that are related log folders exist.