cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDOS AND OST compatibility with NBU

PB3
Level 2

Hi all,

I am checking what version of the OST plugin and DDOS are required for running NetBackup 7.7.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2. I am hoping to confirm the following points –

Are you able to confirm whether a maximum version of DDOS 5.6 (as listed below) would include any 5.6.x version such as 5.6.2.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

DD OS compatibility based on Family, the 5.6 is a family where could be Patch, Maintenance and Target releases. Specific versions where a functionality not known to previous patches appeared may be called out specifically, otherwise DD Boost libraries are qualified against DD OS family not a specific patch, unless explicitly stated in the table. A case in point would be the new DD OS 6.2 which is not yet qualified for your use case, etc.

Also this topic has little to do with NBU, if it is an important question, a quick SR with Dell EMC would have more authority for decisions than someone's random words about, strictly speaking, competitve products.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mouse

Here is the table

Annotation 2019-04-12 223333.png

And here is how this black magic works:

1. Open http://compatibilityguide.emc.com:8080/CompGuideApp/getDataDomainBoostCompGuidePage.do
  2. Set up filters according to your system
  3. Get the results

Dell EMC supports all further patches to the DD OS family unless specified othewise (note the 6.1 in the exceprt above)

Thank you. I have already got this table. All I want to know is, for the Maximum DDOS version mentioned as 5.6, does it mean all the 5.6.x as well?

Mouse

DD OS compatibility based on Family, the 5.6 is a family where could be Patch, Maintenance and Target releases. Specific versions where a functionality not known to previous patches appeared may be called out specifically, otherwise DD Boost libraries are qualified against DD OS family not a specific patch, unless explicitly stated in the table. A case in point would be the new DD OS 6.2 which is not yet qualified for your use case, etc.

Also this topic has little to do with NBU, if it is an important question, a quick SR with Dell EMC would have more authority for decisions than someone's random words about, strictly speaking, competitve products.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. This helps. I posted this question here instead of opening an SR because I am planning for an NBU upgrade to 7.7.x and My existing DDOS is 5.6.2.0. So, I thought of checking if the NBU upgrade will not cause any disruption to the existing DD operations.

Mouse

I should reiterate that your question could not have answered in the Veritas space because compatibility between Boost plug-ins and DD OS is qualified by Dell EMC, the only thing you need to care about from the NBU standpoint is the compatibility between plug-in, NBU and OS versions.