cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFSR single dir backup fails

Jim-90
Level 6

We backup all the relevant drives on box as per required method of doing DFSR ...that works fine and we can recovery individual components without any issues.

We have been given the requirement to backup specific dirs on the same box with a different retention period.  I assumed the best way to do this would be a regular MS-Windows policy listing only the individual dirs. But that appears not to function.  

The test policy will backup stuff on the OS drive successfully but anything on DFSR drives returns

(90) media manager received no data for backup image

Any ideas on what could be casuing this?

NBU = 7.7.3 OS W2k8 X64 SP2 X64

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

make sure you have the entire path in your backup selection:
Shadow Copy Components:\User Data\Distributed File System Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\folder_name

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

manatee
Level 6

did you specify "Shadow Copy Components" as your backup directive/selection?

make sure you have the entire path in your backup selection:
Shadow Copy Components:\User Data\Distributed File System Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\folder_name

We are doing that for the whole box DFSR backup but not the small number of individual dirs that we want to back up separately.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
You need to use the full path like Will said.
And by full path, I mean the full path specification including all the folders all the way down to the sub-folders that you want to protect.
And, BTW, have you considered the impact of multiple overlapping incremental backups. What I mean is... the only way to achieve true recovery points with overlapping policies is to always backup in full.
Or get the data which requires a diffferent retention moved to a different area, a new DFSr namespace perhaps?