cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO installation

maj_rif
Level 4

Hi,

I'm facing problem while configuring DLO. Following are the setup of environment,

• NetBackup DLO 6.1 MP6
  • Windows 2008 R2 Standard
  • Builtin SQL server of NetBackup DLO

Installation is completing successfully but while opening console i'm getting the following error message,

Communications with DLO services are down. Check to see if DLO services are running on ""

All services are running fine on server. i dont know what is the problem the only thing is Windows running on Citrix. I've checked the compatiblity list Citrix is not there but will it any impact on DLO server?

I'll apprecite feedback.

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I believe you may need a preinstalled SQL2008 or SQL2005 SP3 if installing on Windows 2008R2

See the release notes: (I know this is MP5A but I guess it will be the same in MP6 and the MP6 release notes arent clear)

DLO 6.1 MP5A (Build 360b23a) now supports Windows 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. DLO Admin Server, DLO Admin Console and DLO Maintenance Server are compatible on Windows 2008 R2. **Pre-requisite: SQL Server 2005 SP3 or later should be pre-installed in your DLO environment and existing instance of this database should be selected and used during installation.
Please use the following procedure if you want to install DLO 6.1 MP5A on Windows 2008 R2: During DLO (Database components) Installation, choose the Existing local SQL Server Instance (refer below figure) which is your SQL Server 2005 SP3 instance. DO NOT choose the Local SQL Express 2005 instance (by default, DLO installation chooses this option)

maj_rif
Level 4

I've tried to install it in my test lab MP6 is running fine and i didnt face any problem. I can try to install SQL server as well but that is not preferable, is there any other thought.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Was your test lab also Windows 2008R2?

If it was and it all owrked then perhaps you need to look at other blocks to communications - espeically the firewalls on Windows 2008.

maj_rif
Level 4

Yes in my test lab i'm using same Operating System Windows 2008 R2 Standard.

Firewalls comes when communications happens between server and clinet. Currently my i'm facing problem while opening DLO console right after installation.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Have you diabled UAC? Otherwise make sure when opening the console you run as administrator