Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR-file in case of Appliance

Mallek
Level 4
Partner

HI All,

You can't send DR file to basic storage unit in case of appliance.If CIFS share is not working then what is best way to store DR file?

NBU appliance is not allowing to send DR file to basic storage unit.

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Do you have a local(-ish) Windows server in same subnet, or in a subnet that is reachable, for (edit) SMB NFS traffic?

If so, then you can create a (edit) share export on that Windows server, and then mount that from the appliance, and then have the appliance write the DR file directly there.

Look in CLIsh :  Manage > MountPoints

Do you need an example?

Mallek
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Please share the example.

I would appreciate 

sdo

@Mallek - apologies, my poor memory goofed, my config doesn't use SMB, it uses NFS Services for Windows.  Do you still want the example process for config ?

Mallek
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for sharing this information.

I just want an example for CIFS.

NBU appliance (Master) is not able to send DR files on the windows share, but Catalog backup files are sending to windows /CIFS.

sdo

Well, my example is NFS based, which I can share with you - but I do not have an SMB based example to share with you, sorry.

I do not understand this:

"NBU appliance (Master) is not able to send DR files on the windows share, but Catalog backup files are sending to windows /CIFS."

...can you re-phrase?

sdo

My apologies - looking in the manual, the only type of export (not a share) that can be mounted from the CLIsh of a NetBackup Appliance is of type NFS.  i.e. there is no facility to mount SMB based shares from the CLIsh.

From the Appliance Commands manual:

SYNOPSIS
Manage > MountPoints > Mount – Use to mount a remote NFS drive as a backup source.
Mount RemotePath MountPoint [FileSystemType] [Options]
DESCRIPTION
Mount command is used to mount an NFS drive as a backup source.
OPTIONS
EXAMPLES
Mount RemotePath MountPoint [FileSystemType] [Options]
Use to mount a remote NFS device as a backup source. Use the parameters RemotePath, MountPoint, [FileSystemType], and [Options] to specify the details of NFS drive.