cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR save location

knbu
Level 4

**** Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-configure-solaris-backup-servers-backup  ****

Hello All,

The solution aalready provided but have one query. That on my infra i already created one NFS share(on isilon storage) & that has been mounted on my backup server.

The catalog images now stored on that NFS store directly after backup as i change the DR save location. But my query is, if the mount point get distracted or unavailable due to some issue ,can we make some changes from NBU side to swap/change the store/save location of DR files ? I mean if the share path is not availble the files directly copys to other location but i need to mention that path but not sure where to make the changes.

I just want to make sure the 100% security of the catalog DR files.

10.137.20.11:/ifs/NVMD1BLJ130D00/DRCatalog-10G
                        10G   184K        10G     1%    /NVMD1BLJ130D00/DRCatalog-10G

-bash-4.1# cd /NVMD1BLJ130D00/DRCatalog-10G

-bash-4.1# ls -alt
total 1193
-rw-------   1 root     root        2016 Jun 23 17:35 NBU-Catalog_Hot_1403525057_FULL
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     root           0 May 30 16:11 .snapshot
-bash-4.1#

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As Marianne says you cannot have alternate paths for the catalog DR file.

The best way to make sure it is really secure is to make sure the e-mail option is used so that the DR file it e-mailed to you or your group everytime the backup has run.

In that way lots of people have the DR file and as long as your mail client uses a cache then even if you lots all of your systems you would have immediate access to your DR file along with details of the catalog media used and full instructions of how to do the catalog recovery (which you can do even if you do not have your DR file)

Hoep this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can simply change the location of the DR-file in the policy.

If you want to know if the 'fail-over' path can be automated - the answer is No.

The path specified in the policy must be available at the time when the backup process needs to write the DR-file.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As Marianne says you cannot have alternate paths for the catalog DR file.

The best way to make sure it is really secure is to make sure the e-mail option is used so that the DR file it e-mailed to you or your group everytime the backup has run.

In that way lots of people have the DR file and as long as your mail client uses a cache then even if you lots all of your systems you would have immediate access to your DR file along with details of the catalog media used and full instructions of how to do the catalog recovery (which you can do even if you do not have your DR file)

Hoep this helps