Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSSU job take long time

panthony
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I'm on a environment with Netbackup 7.6.0.2, including disks and tapes.

Images are on disks with staging, and are duplicated on tape later. But the DSSU jobs take a very long time, sometimes more than 200hours (and I must cancel it).

Based on this technote : https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH44719.html, I understand that when a DSSU job is launched, duplicate jobs are launched too, according to many criteria. And indeed, I have many duplicate jobs. But as I have only two drives with "max concurrent write drive" with the value 2, and so many are queued.

So, am I right if I understand that the DSSU job will be running until all of duplicate jobs are not finished ? Does it means that if a duplicate job is queued since, for exemple, 20hours, DSSU job associated will be running too ?

Or there can be another problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

its a normal behavior.

DSSU job is the parent job for duplication jobs.. as long as child jobs are running parent job stays active..  once all the child jobs are compleated ( successfull or failed) then parent job will get compleated.

you can see the parent job id for each job in activity moniter., "Parent job ID" is one the tabs in activity Moniter.

you may need to address  capacity issues.. since you are seeing the duplications are jobs are running long time.. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

its a normal behavior.

DSSU job is the parent job for duplication jobs.. as long as child jobs are running parent job stays active..  once all the child jobs are compleated ( successfull or failed) then parent job will get compleated.

you can see the parent job id for each job in activity moniter., "Parent job ID" is one the tabs in activity Moniter.

you may need to address  capacity issues.. since you are seeing the duplications are jobs are running long time.. 

watsons
Level 6

If you cannot cut down on the capacity of duplication, consider using other duplication methods such as SLP, it would at least allow you to have some control over the images, things like how much data to duplicate in a batch, and SLP_Windows to decide when you can suspend the duplication for other tasks.