cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSU - Not Processing Images

Zak_Meekins_2
Level 6

Hey Folks,

I am having a frustrating problem with a DSU, the enviornment I am having issuses with is a Master with 2 media servers all running Linux and NB 7.0, I also have a windows media server that handles all vStorage backups and it has a 2.5 TB DSU. 

The Media servers share a library and the master has a a 2.7 TB DSU hanging off of it. THis DSU is an NFS mount out to a NetApp filer. The policies that use this DSU write to it just fine but if I attempt a "manual Relocation" the job kicks off but never launches any duplicate jobs and it finishes with a status 0. So needless to say that this DSU eventually fills up.

The strange thing is if I go into the catalog and search for copy 1's for the for DSU it finds images and I can duplicte them.

A bit of info on the DSU - it is an NFS share on a filer, everyone has read and write and all master servers and media servers have root access to the mount. The volume that is MFS mount is on is de-duplicated.

Here is what I have tried:

1) I have removed the DSU and recreated it

2) I have made sure all of the permissions on the mount point are writable

3) Called support - even went to backline and its been about a month and they cant figure it out

4) Checked all log files for errors - no smoking gun

5) Checkd the storage unit that is used for the manual relocation and it works fine for the other DSU on the windows media server

If anyone has any suggestions that would be swell.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ravi_Singh
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Can I request for DSM logs from the master?

dsm - Originator ID 178

Also let me know the Symantec support case#

Regards-

Ravi S

Zak_Meekins_2
Level 6

Hi Thanks for the response, DSM Logs? The case number is 412-725-019

Thanks.