cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Domain Images not expiring...

SIE_PaulDK
Level 3

We have got a 2 DataDomain 670 systems wich we use for duplications.

We have a problem where the 2 systems are out of sync. DD1 (Production) = 80% and DD2 (Duplications) = 93%

It seems some of the data on DD2 does not get expired when the cleaning cycle runs.

Can this be rectified by using NetBackup 7.0.1 (Current Version)

Both Data Domains are running on DD OS 5.1.1.0-291218

Is there a tool I can use to check for images that is on the DD2 does hasn't expired?

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This screenshot is too small. I presume you configured both DD with DD Boost plugin. Right?

You can check which images are kept in NetBackup by "bpimagelist -L [-s start_date] [-e end_date]" command. Each backup images processed by SLP have 2 copt in this case - copy 1 on primary DD and copy 2 on secondary DD. Check if both copy 1 and copy 2 exist for each backup images.
Also you can check contents of ddboost storage unit in DD by "ddboost storage-unit show" command. Compare output of both.

It is possible that DD2 is used by other applications via NFS/CIFS. Also check if any file have been put onto DD2 via NFS or CIFS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Dear,

Pls let us know where is netbackup involved in this issue ? b'coz it seems this issue is with EMC (data domain) 

SIE_PaulDK
Level 3

Is there a way for me to check the images and compare them by using Netbackup?

Do you have a tool available to use?

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

as you said "2 systems are out of sync."  let us know how you configured duplication / replication (from netbackup point of view) ?

SIE_PaulDK
Level 3

Duplication is setup through LSU's.

Thus write to DD1 and Duplicate do DD2.

Similar retention type and period are set for both STU's.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

This screenshot is too small. I presume you configured both DD with DD Boost plugin. Right?

You can check which images are kept in NetBackup by "bpimagelist -L [-s start_date] [-e end_date]" command. Each backup images processed by SLP have 2 copt in this case - copy 1 on primary DD and copy 2 on secondary DD. Check if both copy 1 and copy 2 exist for each backup images.
Also you can check contents of ddboost storage unit in DD by "ddboost storage-unit show" command. Compare output of both.

It is possible that DD2 is used by other applications via NFS/CIFS. Also check if any file have been put onto DD2 via NFS or CIFS.