Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Protector and NBU agent

nbuengr
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Currently customer uses Data Protector for their backup. They are planning to migrate it to NBU. 

Is it possible to have 2 agents? They want to use the Data Protector for restore purposes of old data.

Many thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I would have thought that you would be ok to do that.  I don't remember ever seeing a post from anyone indicating that it wouldn't.

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Since the two application uses different network ports, it should not cause any issues. But don't run concurrent backup from both DP and NBU at the same time.

Extra planning should be carried out on databases as Marianne has pointed out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdo

I would have thought that you would be ok to do that.  I don't remember ever seeing a post from anyone indicating that it wouldn't.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If there is any background client process or service running, best to stop/disable it while NBU is running. Database restores will be more of a challenge as most db's can only have one agent/library for one particular backup product. NBU Installation will overwrite other db agents on Windows clients and on *nix clients the db will need to be linked to NBU library. Maybe best to have test machines around and restore db's there.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Since the two application uses different network ports, it should not cause any issues. But don't run concurrent backup from both DP and NBU at the same time.

Extra planning should be carried out on databases as Marianne has pointed out.

sdo

I would take Nicolai's advice.