cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Size in a NetBackup Master server.

Elango_G1
Level 4

Hi,

I have checked few forums to check the size of data in a NetBackup Master server but only for weekly and monthly data backed up. I need to know the size of the data backed up so far in a NetBackup Master server.

i.e., earliest available to current time.

could someone help me in finding the easiest way to get the information please?

Regards

Elango

4 REPLIES 4

quebek
   VIP    Certified

I would started with

bpimagelist -d 01/01/2000 -U

In this output you should see the information what you are willing to see... Then it is only a matter of sum up KB column and this will give you the amount of data kept in backups...

The other option is to use command called nbdeployutil, ie

nbdeployutil --gather --capacity

followed by

nbdeployutil.exe --report --capacity "some_file"

you will notice this file name in the output from first command!!

good luck

Elango_G1
Level 4

Hi Quebek,

thanks a lot for youir excellent post for my queries. i will work on this suggestions and get back to you with results.

Regards

Elango

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

If your master is on Unix Try this:

bpimagelist -hoursago 24 | grep IMAGE | awk '{sum+=$19}END{print $sum}

If your master is WIndows, try this running in Powershell

bpimagelist -hoursago 168 | findstr /B IMAGE | %{ $_.Split(' ')[18]; } | measure -sum | findstr Sum |  %{ $_.Split(' ')[7]; }

Calculate the number of hours that you would like to go back and use when you run the command.

Elango_G1
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks again for your excellent suggestion and i able to get the information and i stopped in between due to higher CPU utilization of running the command in teh NetBackup Master server. can we check the data size by adding the size of all the medias in the NetBackup Master server?

can this be an appropirate option to calculate the size in a particualr Master server?

if not can you explain the proper way to extract the details please.

Regards

Elango