cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data domain:Using Symantec NetBackup OpenStorage for disk-to-disk backup and recovery

Soumyaa
Level 4

hi,

Does anyone had any tech notes or any useful docs explaining '

Using Symantec NetBackup OpenStorage for disk-to-disk backup and recovery'

My cleint had this set up and I am not a part in config part. Now I want to know how this works. Any info on this is of great help to me.

If I am not wrong I what know about EMC Data domain in correlation with Veritas Nebackup as an application

Thanks,

Soumya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Attached within is the DD guide. This will help you in big way. Since DD is not that common product, I usually refer to this guide in case of any queries.

This guide also list lot of notes which are important when you want to integrate it with NetBackup

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can download following best practices from EMC:

http://forms.datadomain.com/go/datadomain/WS_HP_WP_SNBU_10

Just register and you will have access. It is a fairly descriptive paper which I have found to be quite good.

/A 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Ask the EMC/DD guys for this doc (or newer version if possible):

OST_Admin_759-0005-0001.pdf

It is not publicly available.  This guide explains how to install, configure, and use Data Domain OST with NBU 6.5. Only difference in 7.x is that the GUI can be used for most of the config.

OST basics are covered in NBU Shared Storage Guide  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3659 .

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Attached within is the DD guide. This will help you in big way. Since DD is not that common product, I usually refer to this guide in case of any queries.

This guide also list lot of notes which are important when you want to integrate it with NetBackup

Soumyaa
Level 4

Thanks all for your inputs. really helpful

teiva-boy
Level 6

Not that common of a product?  Last I read, greater than 60+% is what DD has in market share.  I'm NBU certified, but I know very well whats out there.  Now, perhaps your region is not that big for EMC.