cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataDomain DD7200- maximum concurrent jobs

Soniya
Level 4

Hi All,

I have DD7200 configured in Netbcakup 7.6.0.3. I have created around 30 Storage Units under netbackup and I want to know what is the maximum concurrent jobs per Storage Unit  and also the maximum I/O streams per volume.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Although it might be justified but I'd love to hear the story why you need 30 STUs, unless it is a multi-tenant system it looks weird.

Back to the original question, with DD OS 5.5 DD7200 supports:

w<=540;
r<=150;
ReplSrc<=270;

ReplDest<=540;
ReplDest+w<=540;

Total<=540

Where:

w: write streams
r: read streams

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Can I ask why 30 storage units, and not just one? The thing about NetBackup "think" is to leverage the application features, and let it do the work, and for us admins to try not to micro-manage the resources.

Mouse

Although it might be justified but I'd love to hear the story why you need 30 STUs, unless it is a multi-tenant system it looks weird.

Back to the original question, with DD OS 5.5 DD7200 supports:

w<=540;
r<=150;
ReplSrc<=270;

ReplDest<=540;
ReplDest+w<=540;

Total<=540

Where:

w: write streams
r: read streams

Soniya
Level 4

I have create 30 different storage units as there we are running agent backups such as lotus notes,oracle,sql,sap hana etc and also replication backups

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I can imagine several possibilities that would neccesitate the use of multiple storage units, however, I would hope that each storage unit would use the same Disk Pool from the data domain.

The disk pool is where we can control the max I/O streams and limit concurrent connections. If you have multiple disk pools on the DD used at the same time by NetBackup, you made need to limit each disk pools stream to be under the combined total of the DataDomain's concurrent connection limit.

The connection limit of the DataDomain is determined by EMC themselves based on the hardware capabilities, 150 connections seems common if you are just doing backups.

Marianne
Level 6
I have moved this discussion to NetBackup forum as the Appliance forum is for NetBackup Appliances.