cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error when deleting replication target (220)

Beavisrulz
Level 4

Hello all,

I am having an issue that I need help on and I have searched the knowledgebase and forums to no avail.

I am trying to delete a replication target from a storage server's credentials under Credentials-Storage Servers-storageservername-Replication tab. We are using AIR to replicate our images from one media server appliance to another media server appliance across 2 NetBackup domains. The problem is that I accidentally added a storage server that exists in the same domain as the source storage server under the "Replication" tab as a "Target Storage Server" several weeks ago. I was moving images from this media server to a new media server that is replacing it, thinking that that is where I need to grant privileges/credentials to allow the 2 media servers to authenticate with each other to duplicate the images. I then figured out where I needed to configure the credentials and was able to duplicate them.

I later found out that the images were not only being replicated to the target server in the other domain, but they were being replicated to this server in the same domain, which I don't want to happen.

I have since reimaged the media server appliance in question, and my replication jobs are failing. I believe it is because 1) I still have the media server listed as a target server, and 2) the deduplication password of the apliance has changed with the reimage process and it doesn't match the password that I put in initially on the replication tab.

So, when I try to delete/remove the target server from the Replication tab, I receive the following error:  database system error. Replication target configuration is not supported for PureDisk Storage Server server01(220)

How do I remove the storage server? I've thought about decommissioning the media server, reimaging it again, and giving it a completely different name. However, I'm afraid that since I can't manually delete the storage server from the Replication tab, that even after I give the server a new name, that my replications will still fail because it can't authenticate to the "old" storage server.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beavisrulz
Level 4

Well, I had to decommission the server again, but had to follow the following document to a "T" to get it fully removed from NetBackup, which also removed it from the Replication tab on my other storage server and fixed the issue.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH150431

Yes!

Thanks,

Larry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Larry, I would raise a support case with Symantec if I were you.

Beavisrulz
Level 4

Well, I had to decommission the server again, but had to follow the following document to a "T" to get it fully removed from NetBackup, which also removed it from the Replication tab on my other storage server and fixed the issue.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH150431

Yes!

Thanks,

Larry