cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-duplication and storage server configuration not available

sriramrane
Level 4

Hi,

I have installed the latest NetBackup 7.6.0.1 on Windows 2012 R2 recently. I wanted to have the backup on disk and disk I would prefer to use as for some backup Advanced Disk and for some Deduplication (PureDisk). I have found that there is no options availble to configure the de-duplication disk for NetBackup 7.6.0.1 on Windows 2012. I would appreacite if you can help me know whether if it is possible to configure the storage server or puredisk or advance disk in my current setup. 

Thanks in advance.

Rane 

Rane
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Windows Server 2012 is listed as supported for Media Server Dedupe as from NBU 7.6.0.1 in Deduplication Supported Operating Systems section of NBU OS SCL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648

The OP should ensure that a new, 7.6 Capacity license is obtained that includes Dedupe.
Capacity License keys up to NBU 7.5 did not include dedupe.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
You need the correct license key. Either Enterprise Disk or Capacity license.

sriramrane
Level 4

We have the capacity based license keys. that is TB based license key. 

Rane

Dan_42
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Is this your first time setting up MSDP/PureDisk? 

If so, you're probably not starting in the right place. You need to define the PureDisk / MSDP server from  Media and Device Management -> Credentials -> Storage Servers. 

Edit for clarity: I have configured multiple Windows Server 2012 media servers as MSDP hosts. 

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Think that MSDP might not be supported on Windows 2012 in 7.6.0.1, know that there is some limitations on the server function on Windows 2012.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Level 6

Windows Server 2012 is listed as supported for Media Server Dedupe as from NBU 7.6.0.1 in Deduplication Supported Operating Systems section of NBU OS SCL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648

The OP should ensure that a new, 7.6 Capacity license is obtained that includes Dedupe.
Capacity License keys up to NBU 7.5 did not include dedupe.