cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-staging backup to multiple tapes/drives simultaneously

GlenG
Level 4

Running NBU 7.0.1 master/media on Sun X4500 w/Solaris 10 and Sun SL48 w/LTO-4 tape drives.

I have a small number of servers with multi TB filesystems TB.  The backups run at various times of the week.  The backups all are to stagging disks.  My problem is that de-stagging uses only one tape drive at a time even though the backup is larger than the capity of a single tape.  I end up with many hours of using only one tape drive.

Is there some option/setting that would create multiple jobs to de-stage a single server's large filesystem?

Thanks,

GlenG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How was the backup done for single server's large filesystem? Single or multiple streams?

Single backup job can only be single duplication job to tape.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How was the backup done for single server's large filesystem? Single or multiple streams?

Single backup job can only be single duplication job to tape.

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

If you have a TB of filesystem then its better to move the data directly to tape instead of two way process , 1st moving to disk and then to tape .

If you can able to split then use multistreaming and write direct to tape ...

GlenG
Level 4

There are multiple streams but there are several "filesystems" with 1TB to 2.5TB each per server.  Even with the running 100-200MB second it takes awhile ..

Thanks for the info,

GlenG

GlenG
Level 4

Rajesh,

Going directly to tape does not meet our business objectives.

GlenG