cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decommission NetBackup Clustered Media Server

bpup
Level 4
Partner

I am trying to decommission a clustered NBU media server. It is NBU 6.5.6 configured as a failover (2 node) cluster on Windows Server 2003 using MSCS. I was able to use the nbdecommission tool for a standalone media server, but as the documentation states, the tool cannot deal with clustered servers.

I intend to follow the regular decommission procedure documented in http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62119 but was wondering if there are any additional steps due to the fact in was a cluster (i.e. any references to individual nodes or cluster name in the EMM).

Any experience with this (good or bad!)? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Those steps should be fine. You can check the output of nbemmcmd -listhosts to verify all references to the cluster have been removed. You can also run a bpmedialist to verify there are no assigned media still listed under the clustered media. Verify the storage units have been deleted, and that no policies are pointing to them.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Those steps should be fine. You can check the output of nbemmcmd -listhosts to verify all references to the cluster have been removed. You can also run a bpmedialist to verify there are no assigned media still listed under the clustered media. Verify the storage units have been deleted, and that no policies are pointing to them.

bpup
Level 4
Partner

Thanks. The only step missing from the doc is to remove the cluster name after removing the individal nodes. Removed the cluster with nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinename <blah> -machinetype cluster. All seems good. Thanks.

Jim