cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining If all my Tape drives are licensed with Netbackup

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Okay, so I have an 8 drive HP library. However, I only ever see 4 jobs at any given time running for it. How can I determine if all 8 drives are, in fact, licensed for use?
3 REPLIES 3

patrickkuah
Level 6
If you have 8 jobs started and only 4 are active and the other 4 are queue then check your storage unit setting for the "maximum concurent drives used for backup" , put the value to 8 so that you can have 8 jobs going to 8 drives at the same time.

you can use the bpminlicense to list the license keys you have registered.
I dont recall that such thing like license for number of drives to be used but i remember there is smething like license for tape library.

patrick :)Message was edited by:
Patrick Kuah

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Thanks for the response! I do see that the storage unit is set to run 8 concurrent jobs. I did run the bpminlicense command per your instruction and I do see the license keys that are registered. How do I know which of those are for my library drives?

patrickkuah
Level 6
This should be the one...."NetBackup Enterprise, Cross-Platform Library Based Tape Drive Support"

If you have that license installed and STU "maximum conecurrent drive" setting is already set to 8.
Can you post more information like maxmum job per clients, multiplexing settins in the STU and policies schedule...etc...

patrick :)