cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Netbackup 4.5 ,netbackup 5 and Netbackup 6

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hello all,

Can any body tell me what is major difference between NB4.5 ,NB5 and netbackup 6 interms of features and display and technically..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
@Rishi,

As said by Nicolai there is no point in digging the older version capabilities as already know that older version are out-of-support. You should concentrate on the current version.

Then also for your interest, below mentioned is the link where you'll get all NBU docs. It is really a huge list out there :)

So you can go ahead and read the TN of whatever the version you want and compare them.

Published Documents and Files for NetBackup Enterprise Server

Happy Reading ;)

Do close this thread if your question is answered.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
YOu can check the Whats New page on the symantec site on particular release versions...

For Eg - Whats new in NBU 6.5.4

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hi Deepak,

Thank you for reply ,but can you give me exact link where its showing comparision between NB4 ,NB5 and NB6.
I need exact technical features at administration level

Thank You
Rishi Nandedkar

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What you are asking for is a lot of information.   But since both 4.5 and 5.1 is out of support I can't see no reason for not choosing 6.5

rishi_rich
Level 5
Hi Nicolai,

I just need few differences beween netbackup 4.5 and netbackup 6.If possible can you give me 5 to 6 major difference between NB4.5, NB6 and NB6.5

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
@Rishi,

As said by Nicolai there is no point in digging the older version capabilities as already know that older version are out-of-support. You should concentrate on the current version.

Then also for your interest, below mentioned is the link where you'll get all NBU docs. It is really a huge list out there :)

So you can go ahead and read the TN of whatever the version you want and compare them.

Published Documents and Files for NetBackup Enterprise Server

Happy Reading ;)

Do close this thread if your question is answered.