cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery

Agadge
Level 3

Hello I am having Netbackup 7.5.0.5 in my environment and I would like to keep my other site as a disaster recovery site where I am expecting to restore the tapes and access data from alternate site.

How do I accomplish same without affecting alternate site?

5 REPLIES 5

Jean-Pierre_Bai
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello, You will have to be a bit more precise if you expect an answer. Is your alternate site active ?

Are backups only via tape ?

Have you investigated use of AIR ?

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

Are you stating you want to create a DR site ?

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

Based on the information posted you looked to only do the DR work as needed, and initiate same by transporting the tapes to the alternate site.

The function for this is the normal phase1/phase2 style of image importation at the alternate at such time as you have a need to make use of the backups on the tape.   Under these circumstances your alternate site is unaffected until such time as you are doing the actual DR work. Note that this will cause a time stand-off until the data has been completely imported to the alternate site. 

And, as noted by others, you can make use of automated image replication (AIR) to do the data transfer automatically from the primary site to the alternate site. The backup images are copied to the alternate DR site as part of the normal workload of the Master Server.  Te data becomes resident at the alternate DR site almost immediately.  It becomes completely local to it.  Even the BMR data is copied over to the site and the BMR clients are automatically registered there.  The easy advantage to the AIR soluitio is that you will have backup image data available to both sites at the same time and can perform data recovery independent of each other.  Using the default action, only the site with the tapes can do that.

ashish_patil01
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes it is highly recommended that you can use AIR (Auto Image Replication). So that you dont have have to do much of the work manually. As the Images are replicated from Site A to Site B using SLP and on SITE B they are automatically imported and you can also create a copy 2 or copy 3 for the imported images.

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

Agadge - are there any other things that need covering for your question?  If a posting carries an aceeptable solution, mark it and let's get moving on.