cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Disaster recover with PureDisk 6.6 and NBU 7

nlc_ICT
Level 2

Hi All,

I've been looking around forums for a while now but no one seems to eb doing anything similar to what I'm after. I need to do a mock disaster recovery of our NBU master server from the backups on an off-site pure disk server. I did not do the original configuration of the process and know next to nothing about puredisk and NetBackup, so I've been kind of thrown in the deep end here.

I'll describe the topology of our backup architecture. We have 1 media/master server (Win 2k8 r2 x64, running NBU7) the NBU master/media server is connected to a local Puredisk diskpool (SPA). The Master server stores backups on the local SPA. This SPA is then replicated to an off-site Puredisk SPA with a PDDO job. Backup catalog files are copied to the off-site Puredisk  server using a third party SCP client.

For the purposes of this mock up, we are assuming that the whole building has burned down and are only left with the offsite backup. to simulate this I have configured a VM running the same OS and disk partition configuration as the NBU master server. the VM is not joined to the domain (unlike the current Master server), and has the same computername as the master server. I have edited the hosts file so that the the FQDN of the master server refernces its own IP, and the IP address of the off-site Puredisk server referes to the FQDN of the onosite Puredisk server (in an attempt to make NBU think they are the same server... not sure if this is correct or not).

I have then installed NBU7 in the location that it was installed on the actual master server, configured the diskpool to link to the off-site SPA (using the FQDN of the onsite), and attempted to recover the catalog files on the new master server locatedo n the VM. However, this last step continually fails.

Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

0 REPLIES 0