cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Storage Server Setup

backup-botw
Level 6

I am in the process of building out a new site and I am pretty new to disk storage. I have looked at a few documents and did all but finish the wizard just to see what all I was looking at, but the one thing I am not 100% sure is the Define Credentials piece.

creds.png

What exactly is/should this uname and pw be tied to? Do I just make it up and ensure to remember it? Is it tied to the domain? I am not sure what I should be inputting on this piece.

Also if there is any other documentation to be shared I would be happy to read that over as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This looks like NetBackup MSDP and not standalone PureDisk.

Yes. You make up those credentials when you create the Storage Server.

EXTREMELY important to record these credentials somewhere safe.

You may want to read up about MSDP before you start with configuration.
Preparation is key to successful configuration.

NetBackup Deduplication Guide 

**** Moving this post to NetBackup forum ****

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

From HOWTO88956:

From the Media server drop-down menu in the Storage server details pane, select the media server that you want to configure as the storage server.

Also enter the credentials for the NetBackup Deduplication Engine. The deduplication components use the credentials when they communicate with the NetBackup Deduplication Engine. The credentials are for the engine, not for the host on which it runs.

After you enter the credentials, click Next.

Hope that helps 

backup-botw
Level 6

The only part I am unsure on is where exactly those credentials come from. Am I just making them up?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This looks like NetBackup MSDP and not standalone PureDisk.

Yes. You make up those credentials when you create the Storage Server.

EXTREMELY important to record these credentials somewhere safe.

You may want to read up about MSDP before you start with configuration.
Preparation is key to successful configuration.

NetBackup Deduplication Guide 

**** Moving this post to NetBackup forum ****

GHamilton
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Backup-Botw

Marianne is correct. It is very important to record the credentials you use. For example: If you ever setup AIR (auto image replication) the MSDP's have to be configured for "trusted access" and these creds would be used for that setup.

backup-botw
Level 6

Thank you for the responses. I was able to figure this out last week and get my storage configuration setup and working. Only part I couldnt discern initially from the documentation is the uname and pw to setup. It was tough to figure out how important or not important that information was and what it might be related to in the future.