cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Volume is down error during a CATALOG_DRIVEN_BACKUP (2074)

JTBSANADMIN
Level 3

Hello,

This is my environment:

Data Domain 5.1  DDBOOST 2.5

Master server Solaris 10  Netbackup 7.1.0.3

Media servers(3 of them)  Linus 2.6.18-308  Red Hat 5.8

Im getting a status 2074 on all "Catalog" backups, after upgrading the Data Domain's DDBOOST from OST 2.2 to DDBOOST 2.5. 

Volume Catalog2: Internal_16 is down (not ok on root)

Volume Catalog-backup:Internal_16 is down  (not ok on root)

When I did this command "nbdevquery -listdv -dv DD690_1-lsu -stype DataDomain" to get the status, this is what was displayed:

"failed to get disk volume list information, invalid command parameter"

I did that on the master and media servers with the same result.  The catalog backup is the only policy that this is happening on....

Does anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If it happened just after upgrading the OST it seems that caused it. Have a look this TN and check the comaptibility list to make sure this OST is supported and compatible.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128377

JTBSANADMIN
Level 3

I checked on both Data Domains(using DDBOOST now) and both /backup/ost  * declarations were "insecure" already.

Again, the catalog backup for the master server is the only policy/client that's having the 2074 issue.  All of the other jobs run normally.

JTBSANADMIN
Level 3

Does anyone have any new ideas...?

watsons
Level 6

Have you updated the credential of storage server after the upgrade of DDBOOST?

The credential might be the same, but an upgrade may temporarily disable it.

Do you have any local backup on your master server? I guess it would fail too if you have one. Note that Catalog backup is by default a backup on the master server. So there must be a credential or access breakdown from the master server to the storage server after the upgrade.

JTBSANADMIN
Level 3

Yes, I believe you are correct.  Is there a command to correct the credentials on the Master server? 

watsons
Level 6

Check the admin guide.. or here are some commands you may need (tpconfig will show see):

(Update OpenStorage credentials)

tpconfig -update -storage_server <server name> -stype <server type> -sts_user_id <user ID> [-password <password>]

(Display OpenStorage credentials)
   tpconfig -dsh [-stype <server type>]

(Display OpenStorage credentials for all media servers)
   tpconfig -dsh -all_hosts