cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk pool and volume discovery on HP StoreOnce 6500

NBU_maikel
Level 3

Hi good peole

I'm working on a brandnew NBU (7.6.1.2) deployment on Win 2008 R2, clustered Master server 2 Media servers.

The integration of a HP SO 6500 is giving me some headache.

The registration and authentication (nbdevconfig/tpconfig) went well but now while creating the diskpools and volumes the Wizzard hangs and finally an error message appears:

The Wizzard is not able to obtain Storage Servers information.

Operation requested by an invalid server.

RDSM encountered an STS error: getDiskVolumeInfoList

I already have a HP SO 4500 successfully  configured  on the same Media Servers and don't understand where the invalid server message comes from for the SO 6500.

Both 4500 and 6500 are configured the same in terms of read/write access to the volumes , etc and are on the same firmware level.

Any idea where I could look for further clues??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Slim_786
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

It seems as though there is a name resolution issue on the HP SO for the Media Server. I havent personally setup an HP StoreOnce before but had the similer issue with a DataDomain.

I had to specify the Media Servers hostname and IP Address in the DataDomains local host file which resolved the issue, please see if you can do this on the SO.

Kind Regards,
Slim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Slim_786
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

It seems as though there is a name resolution issue on the HP SO for the Media Server. I havent personally setup an HP StoreOnce before but had the similer issue with a DataDomain.

I had to specify the Media Servers hostname and IP Address in the DataDomains local host file which resolved the issue, please see if you can do this on the SO.

Kind Regards,
Slim