cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk staging on NAS path

smith_jones
Level 6

Hi,

I got stuck at this point. I want to configure disk staging for catalog backups.

I have a DSSU01 configured where local drive path is defined for catalog backup.

I enabled disk staging on DSSU01 and started to configure it. For this I created another DSSU02 as destination Disk Storagge Unit and specified it.

But now I want the backup to go not on the local drives but to another server in the network.

How to do it? There is no option in the DSSU02 where I can specify the NAS path.

I know to use methods other than netbackup (like robocopy) but I am raising this question just because I want to know if it is possible to do so through Netbackup. Is NAS backup possible?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You cannot use Admin share.

First create a share on the source with a share name (e.g. DSU) with write permission to the user that you have used on the NBU master/media server to start the appropriate services.

Specify the share name in the DSU path: \\servername\DSU

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne

.... There is no option in the DSSU02 where I can specify the NAS path.

Please explain this statement?

NAS path can be specified using UNC path.
Something like IP-address\share-name 

See this forum post: https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/netbackup-how-add-cifs-share-storage

smith_jones
Level 6

Hi Marianne,

1. DSSU01 and DSSU02 created. DSSU01 main STU\Stage 1  and DSSU02 destination STU. I will configure disk staging on DSSU01.

2. DSSU01 - backup goes to the local drive path specified say F:\ drive

DSSU02 -  I want to specify here NAS path as destination path for Stage 2.

I tried to add the path \\servername\d$ (NAS path) but it said $ character is not allowed.

Marianne

You cannot use Admin share.

First create a share on the source with a share name (e.g. DSU) with write permission to the user that you have used on the NBU master/media server to start the appropriate services.

Specify the share name in the DSU path: \\servername\DSU