cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diskpool removal fails with "..., unable to process request because the server ressources are busy"

laguns97
Level 4

Hi !

We are running NB 8.1.1 on AIX (Master Server)

Media Server is Linux Red Hat

I used the nbdecommission command to remove a Linux Media server (msdp).  The process ending correctly except for deleting the msdp pool.  After this, I shutdowned the Media server, disconnected all cables etc...

So after this, I tried to delete the msdp pool from the GUI console and I got error message "Failed to delete disk pool {pool_name}: unable to process request because the server resources are busy (134), DSM has encountered the following busy ressource: {pool_name}, mount point = PureDiskVolume (MM Status 134)"

So I tried with command line: nbdevconfig -deletedp -stype PureDisk -dp {pool_name} -force_targetslp_removal and I got this error: "failed to delete disk pool, unable to process request because the server resources are busy"

The Media server is removed from our environment so there is another way to remove this disk pool ?

Thanks for your help !

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @laguns97 

I'm assuming you have checked that there are no storage units associated with the disk pool - these need to go first.

Two things to check, first is that there are no outstanding SLP operations involving the decommissioned disk pool (I know you used the arg to cancel that but best to check and cancel any outstanding operations).

Second is that there are no pending delete operations against the disk pool - use the nbdelete -list command to see if there are pending deletions. If there is an option to purge those (-purge_deletion_list) by media id or backupid. 

FInally have you tried restarting NetBackup services on the master - there may be a process stuck there.

Cheers
David

bhdrkzltn
Level 4

Hi,

Check all the images on the media including fragments.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimmedia -dp POOL_NAME -sytpe PureDisk | awk '$1=="IMAGE" {print $3}'

Bahadir.

Hi David,
I checked what you said, reboot the master, same problem.  I think I will leave evething in place, in few months this environment will die.

Thanks for your help !!!

Hi Bahamir,

no fragment with this command.

I think I will leave evething in place, in few months this environment will die.

Thanks for your help !