Did you mean: 

Diskpool showing status as unknown

lalajee
Level 4

Hi,

• master Server: Windows 2012 R2
  • Media server: Windows 2008 R2
  • Netbackup: 8 Enterprise

2 of our disk pool showing as down on master server.

Capture.PNG

When I try to UP the disk pool from CMD or Admin consol I get this error

Could not up the following Disk Pool DEDUPE_**** unable to process request because the server resources are busy (134)

DSM has encountered a lock state issue with the following disk pool: mediaservername@master server

Capture.PNG

I have try these things

1. Restart the media server
  2. Try to up the disk pool but get 134 error

I can't reboot the master server becasue we are running jobs which last for 2 weeks

When I run command on master server i can see its up but master server still cant do any backups

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is has been fix.

After check the system relise that they was another media server which was talking to this media and was hanging the port numbers which master need. after rebooting both media server it fix all of the problems we had

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @lalajee,

Did you check communication from Master -> Media and vice-versa? Can you check TCP ports?

Also check

Media --> Puredisk

443 = SPA
10082 = Content Router (spoold)

Media --> MSDP

10102 = Spad
10082 = Deduplication engine (spoold)

Ports 10082 and either 10102 (MSDP) or 443 (PDDO) must also be open between the media server and any storage servers that perform optimized duplications.

DD OST

The TCP ports for 2049 (nfs), 111 (portmapper), and 2052 (mountd) must be open from the media server to the target storage server.

■ The UDP port 111 (portmapper) must be open from the media server to the target storage server.
■ The TCP port 2051 (replication) must also be open from the media server tothe storage server for optimized duplication

Thiago

Hi Thiago,

Master server and Media are communicating and we dont black any ports intertnally.

I run following command "nbrbutil -resetall" but still its failing. Now i have reboot the master server too but still same problem

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi @lalajee,

OK, there is no communication issue between master and media right? So, did you check if MSDP process are running?

According to your screenshot Disk Pool and Storage Server are UP, did you check Disk Volume?

Take a look this TN

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000081906

Thiago

I have check media server disk, all up and running with lot of disk space.

master server also have lot of disk space.

communicationbetween server is good

when you run the commands the disk pool show as up but when you see the gui it show as unknown.

All backup failes saying disk pool is unavailable.

When you run command to UP the disk pool or reset disk pool I get same messgae as i mantion in my post server busy.

This is has been fix.

After check the system relise that they was another media server which was talking to this media and was hanging the port numbers which master need. after rebooting both media server it fix all of the problems we had