cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you want a Netbackup maintenance pack for SCOM 2012 ?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Do you want a Netbackup maintenance pack for SCOM 2012 ?

Please vote on the attached poll

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue
14 REPLIES 14

Henrio
Not applicable

Could be uesfull

Leo46
Level 3
Partner Accredited

We need this desperatlely! 

WarrenZA
Level 3

There is definitly a need for a Netbackup management pack for SCOM 2012, we have several clients who need this funtionality.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Have created the idea here https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/scom-2012-maintenance-pack

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

RickardNell
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

PLEASE!!!!

Andre_Venter
Level 2

Do anyone know if the NetBackup maintenance pack for SCOM 2012 is available??

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Have not seen anything about a SCOM 2012 MP unfortunately and I am told the SCOM 2007 MP is not trivial to get to work in SCOM 2012. Something to do with the difference in the discovery function in the two SCOM versions.

Andre_Venter
Level 2

Thanks Michael for the feedback.....

Lars_Hesdorf
Level 2

We need it, that it - the sooner the better.

jim_dalton
Level 6

As a never used NB with SCOM person, apart from a single point of monitoring, what is SCOM going to give me over and above Opscenters monitoring features? The normal SCOM agent will of course give you OS and etc. JIm 

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

It will not give anything other than the possiblity for centralizing monitoring in the enterprise. But for many that is a great advantage.

raaruiz
Not applicable

For monitoring reasons and backup health, It ´s very important keep  Netbackup MP for Scom 2012.

eibaf1
Not applicable

It is very important for us.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have voted for Michael's idea over here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/scom-2012-maintenance-pack 

Unfortunately my experience has been that Symantec/Veritas Product Management no longer look at Ideas posted on Connect.

A regional NetBackup Product Manager has told me that the only way to request enhancements is to get hold of Product Management via local reseller or local Veritas SE.